Saturday 22 March 2014

Applying the theory...



After reading the first two chapters of this book, I was in awe and I wanted to tell everyone about it and about how simple it really can be to be successful! There is so much more to the story but I'll  get to that later. Today I want to talk a little about me! :)

While reading the first two chapters, it hit me! I had been doing this! I had been following the slight edge philosophy for the last 3 years without even knowing anything about it! I have actually been telling people the reason why I have been successful is because I have been taking my journey in steady babysteps. You can't go full bore, like one day deciding you are going to change your life and suddenly start working out an hour a day and going on a strict diet. It doesn't work. In order for you to make a lifestyle change (which happens after you have been steadily making these babysteps and these babysets just become HABIT!)  I did this without even realizing that this was all a part of the slight edge.

It all started one day (Christmas break), when I decided to clean out my lower cupboards in my kitchen.  It was such a chore crouching down and leaning in to wash them down! A thought came into my head..."I can't live like this" and that was when my philosophy changed! (Without me really knowing it.)

I started with stopping eating salt. I would not add salt to my plate anymore. Switched to Mrs. Dash. That was easy. Then I started doing 10 minute workouts off the internet, and going for walks. Shortly after, my friend and I decided to swim laps together once a week and later we joined a gym.  After a year and a half of the gym, I bought a workout CD "Revabs" and put my gym membership on hold. Over the next two months I realized that I was getting more benefits from working out to the CDs then I had been getting from the gym. I lost more weight, more inches, was able to workout in the morning instead of after work (which is way better for me as I am a morning person), and I could wear whatever I wanted at home!

I ended up going back to the gym and finishing my membership and then went right back into my home workouts. At this time I started focusing more on nutrition as well, no processed food, more vegies, less butter......I finally got to the point over 3 years that I have reached success! (and it actually says in the book that it takes 3-5 years to reach success!) It is a habit now to workout 30 minutes a day. It is a habit now to eat good, nutritious foods! Over 3 years I slowly lost many inches and 25 pounds and I feel GREAT! It's actually such a big part of my lifestyle that I started wanting to help other people so I became a Beachbody coach! I absolutely love it! Fitness, nutrition and technology all rolled up in one! 3 of my passions!


I guess I can't do this entire blog without putting in a "plug" for my newest challenge...Anyone serious about losing some weight and getting into shape for the summer can go to my fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/636001669789100/  and check it out. Great 2-3 minute video explaining how it works. Not only is it an awesome workout, you also learn about portion control without counting calories, as they provide colour coded containers for different foods to go in.  You can eat practically everything! Challenge starts April 23! Join me!

So now that I've reached success in this pathway, and actually know about the slight edge, I'm excited to put the same wheels in motion in order to become successful in other parts of my life like relationships and finances! Can't wait to see where I am in another 3 years. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment