Friday 14 March 2014

The Slight Edge




I attended a workshop on March 3rd...yes it was a Saturday...which is something I never do! Reason being - to learn about Google apps as the YRDSB (which is where I work as an educational assistant) had given all students and staff an account.  The Keynote speakers were great - Very inspirational. The second speaker told us, "If you can write you should blog". But what? It did intrigue me, but what should I blog about? During the next 2-3 weeks, I started my own small (hopefully not for long!) business and was told to spend 10 minutes a day on personal development and suggested i read a book called, "The Slight Edge".  After reading half of it, it hit me! I need to Blog about this book and share with others the simplicity of how to be successful! To think this man wrote this book starting with a picture: 




The more I looked at this picture, the more I absolutely loved it! It can pertain to any aspect in your life! And so simple! I printed it out and put it by my computer at work. I'm thinking I might put one on my fridge too. Working at a school, I thought...WOW...if every school was ran on this philosophy, what a wonderful world it could be. I'll sign off with that thought tonight, and start diving into chapter one tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment